Helms Geomarine currently carries out drilling services from two geotechnical survey vessels, the Keyfield Helms and the VOS Shine.
Keyfield Helms is a 2017 BV-classed dedicated geotechnical survey vessel equipped with DP2 positioning system that is capable to work in up to 500 meters of water depth. This vessel is also equipped with a large centered moonpool to support stable and safe geotechnical drilling operations.
VOS Shine is a 2012 LR-classed dedicated geotechnical survey vessel equipped with DP2 positioning system that is capable to work in up to 400 meters of water and soil depths This vessel is also equipped with a centered moonpool to support stable and safe geotechnical drilling operations.
The two vessels offer a range of drilling, sampling, coring and insitu testing services via its HG30 and HG30A Drilling Rig respectively and rated to a maximum load of 30 tons fitted with Dando 1000 power swivel. An AP van den Berg WISON down-hole CPT system is also available to undertake PCPT operation in real-time.
The geotechnical vessels are the perfect solution to undertake geotechnical survey drilling operation in support of the following activities:
- Geotechnical investigation for windfarm foundation design and analysis
- Geotechnical survey for offshore hydrocarbon exploration and development
- Geohazard survey for exploration Jackups emplacement
- Shallow gas investigation including very deep pilot holes
- Submarine cable and pipeline route survey
- Marine geological research studies7