Helms Geomarine Sdn Bhd (Helms)
is an independent Malaysian-based company specializing in the offshore soil investigation and geotechnical engineering services, focusing on Southeast Asia and the Middle East markets. Helms owns and operates specialized assets such as marine drilling rigs, Neptune 5000 Seabed CPT, Vibrocore and other associated equipment to enable it to perform the following activities:
- Geotechnical investigation for windfarm foundation design and analysis
- Geotechnical survey for offshore hydrocarbon exploration and development
- Geohazard survey for exploration Jack-up emplacement
- Submarine cable and pipeline route survey
- Geotechnical investigation for land reclamation and port development
The offshore geotechnical drilling is carried out from DP-2 or 4-point mooring vessels provided by its strategic partners. The rig, installed either over a moonpool or side-mounted, is heave-compensated with a wireline system to run the WISON-APB piezocone penetration testing (PCPT), in-situ vane shear testing and coring equipment.